Sunday, April 5, 2009

Assignment 3

For this assignment, we are required to do 2 kenburn effect video - one for NUS and the other for CNM.

The NUS video is a 1 minute promotional ken burn video for NUS. It features a paper aeroplane making its journey through NUS. It will include scenes of the paper aeroplane flying and the several places in NUS. The video seeks to promote NUS as an institution that aims to bring its student into greater heights. The video will be set in school and in particular faculties, sports hall, and university hall.

The inspiration for this video came from a butterfly flying free-spiritedly in the school compound inspired me. It gave me the idea of making a journey through NUS. After much consideration, I felt that a paper aeroplane would be a more appropriate choice, as it is able to signify bringing students to greater height.

I presented my first version of NUS in class. There wasn't any comment given during class.

Fly high with NUS


CNM Swirls of Thoughts


After watching the videos several times, I felt that the message was not clear enough. So I decided to come up with a tagline that would make the video more understandable. After much brainstorming I came up with the tagline, "One place. One heart. Endless ways to dream. Soar with us at NUS." This tagline will be flashed as on-screen text towards the end of the video.

At the end of the video, I hope to portray the goal of NUS bringing it students to greater heights, and make possible for students to achieve their dreams.

As for CNM, I was given feedback that the message for the video is not clear as well. So I decided to add more words. At the same time, also tried to make the transitions smoother.

So here it is... the final versions

NUS video


CNM Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home